Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Moon Stories - Illustrations by Uta Glauber
1. In the moonlit night, a grandfather tells to his grandsons the moon's legends.
2. According to Kepler, the inhabitants of the moon can live in deep water.
3. The Man in the Moone by Francis Godwin - Domingo Gonsales flies to the moon.
4. Baron Munchausen climb up a beanstalk to the moon to retrieve his silver axe.
5. Orlando Furioso (The Frenzy of Orlando) - Astolfo return from a trip to the moon.
6. The Betrothed (I Promessi Sposi) By Alessandro Manzoni.
The lake lay smooth and flat, and would have seemed motionless, were it not for the trembling and wavering image of the moon mirrored in the water from the firmament above.
7. The Owl and the Moon.