Thrice borrowing the plantain fan - Illustrated and adapted by Ma De from the Chinese mythological novel, "The Pilgrimage to the West" attributed to Wu Cheng'en (Ming Dynasty). The story tells of the fantastic and perilous adventures of Sun Wukong, better known as the Monkey King and his brothers disciples led by the master Sanzang in search of the only fan that will extinguish the fire at Flaming Mountain.
1. Princess has not kept his promise and runs away.
2. Sun Wukong and the Princess Iron Fan engage in a fierce battle.
3. Waving her fan, the Princess flies the monkey in the sky.
4. Sun Wukong lands on a mountaintop only the following morning.
5. Here Sun Wukong finds the Bodhisattva Ling Ji who gives him a magic pill that will stop all winds.
6. Princess, frightened, took refuge in the cave.
7. Sun Wukong turns into a fly to enter through a crack in the door.
8. Sun Wukong return to his party with the fan.
9. Sanzang and his disciples decide to stop to rest.
10. Bull Demon and King Dragon are toasting.
11. The riding-beast of Bull Demon is tied to a pillar of the palace.
12. Bull Demon rides the Dragon.
13. Princess welcomes her husband.
14. The false Bull Demon, receives the confidences of the Princess.
15. Sun Wukong resumes its original shape and disappears in the clouds.
16. Sun Wukong arrived at the mountain, shaking her fan.
17. The people resume life as usual.