Monday, May 31, 2010
Birds in Islamic Art
1. The Goldfinch and the Narcissus, signed Shafi Abbasi - Isphan, August 1653.
2. The bird on the branch, signed Shafi Abbasi - Isphan, September 1652.
3. The bird on the branch, signed Ashraf Khan (after Mohammad Yusuf), Iran, 1705.
4. Tile revetment with birds, Isphan second quarter of the seventeenth century.
5. The pigeon Bazande surprised by the storm - Hindustan, seventeenth century.
6. The bird on the rock, signed Moin Mossaver - Iran, June 1686.
7. Fragment of decorative band (wool and linen) - Egypt, the second half of the ninth century.
8. Medallion decorative (wool and linen) - Egypt, the second half of the ninth century.
9. Dish with lobed rim - Persia, XVII Century.
10. Calligram in the Shape of a Bird - Iran, seventeenth century.