1. Girl filling water jar from a rural fountain in the ground. Transylvania, Romania, 1942.
2. Woman and children at the well - Ubari Oasis (Fezzan, Libya) - Photo by Magaldi. (Published in Le Vie d'Italia, n.3, march 1938)
3. Women filling water at the source of Danisinni, Palermo - Early 20th century. (Published in Le Vie d'Italia, n.4, january, 1931)
4. Women filling water jars in the wadi in order to renew their supply of water. Morocco, about 1920-30 - photo Gueugnon.
5. Young girl collect water from a well near Benghazi, Libya. Photo by C. Rimoldi, Bengasi. (Published in Le Vie d'Italia, n.11, november, 1928)
6. Albanian women collect water from the well. (Published in Le Vie d'Italia, n.6, june 1939)
7. Water carrier girl, Albania. (Published in Le Vie d'Italia, n.6, june 1939)
8. Two girls from Mohacs (Baranya region, Hungary) carry water in black jars (1934)
9. Women go to fetch water. High Moulouya, Morocco, about 1920-30. Photo by Gueugnon.
10. Three women carrying water jars. Algeria, about 1920-30. Photo by René Prouho.
11. Little girls with water jars on heads. Desulo, Sardinia. Photo by A. Ferri, Cagliari. (Published in Le Vie d'Italia, n.9, september 1928)
12. Five women with jars on their head. Baunei, Sardinia. (Early 20th century)
13. Little girls with water jars on heads. Axum, Ethiopia. T.C.I photographic archive. (Published in Le Vie d'Italia, n.7, july 1936)
14. Italian women carrying water jars. Ferentino, Frosinone, 1935. (National Geographic, Marlborough Churchill)
15. Water carrier girl, Naples - Photo by H. Körte (Published in Le Vie d'Italia, n.1, january, 1938)
16. Sardinian woman of Aritzo with water jar on head (early 20th century, photo Alinari)