Sunday, December 12, 2010
1. Egyptian boat builders use natural bend of trees to cut boat beams, using log's grain for maximum strength.
2. A village built on top of waterfalls. Slunjcice, Croatia.
3. Burma, building a temporary theater using bamboo.
4. Wagon, Cambodia.
5. J. C. Cram sod house, Loup Country, Nebr., 1886.
6. Carpathian mountain house.
7. Limetree cottage, East Hagborn, Berkshire.
8. Ivy Dome. This concrete dome, covered with ivy and blending beautifully with surrounding land was built by Burton and Katherine Wilson and designed by John Watson.
9. Traditional style one room house of Highland Mayan of Chiapas.
10. Bob Lander built a log-frame dome covered with shakes on an island in British Columbia.
11. Samoan Chief's House.
12. Berber tents at tribal gathering "Fantasia" in Moroccan mid-plains area.
13. Banani, a cliff-debris village of the Dogon people of Timbuktu.
14. Looking down on Banani.
15. Caves at Massafra.