Friday, July 30, 2010
1. I took the kid in my arms
2. The goats all faced about upon the dog
3. The noise of the falling rock awaked me
4. I found a large tortoise, or turtle
5. I gathered a large number of grapes
6. After this I made every kind of earthenware
7. I made an umbrella
8. I dined like a king
9. The roof rose higher up
10. The ship stuck fast, jammed in between two rocks.
11. I plainly discovered a ship lying at anchor
12. He dreamed he bore a heavy load on his back
13. He sat lolling about in a great elbow chair
14. They sent three messengers to us
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. Colour plates by A. E. Jackson
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
1. Yves Klein, photo collage of the three fire fountains originally planned for the garden of the Museum Haus Lange, autumn 1960.
2. Klein behind the fire wall in the garden of the Museum Haus Lange, Krefeld, January 14, 1961.
3. Fire Painting, Untitled (F 77), 1961 - Burnt cardboard on wood.
4. Fire Painting, Untitled (F 97), 1961 - Burnt cardboard on wood.
5. Yves Klein creating the fire painting "The Fire of Hell", Centre d'essai de Gaz de France, Saint-Denis, July 1961.
6. The Fire of Hell (FC 30), 1961 - Dry pigment in synthetic resin on burnt cardboard on wood.
7. Fire Painting, Untitled (F 24), 1961 - Burnt cardboard on wood.
8. Valeur or (MG 23), 1960 - Gold leaf on plywood.
9. Yves Klein creating cosmogonies on the banks of the River Loup, June 23, 1960.
10. Cosmogony of the Storm (COS 34), 1960 - Rain sprayed with dry pigment on paper on cardboard.
11. Cosmogony of the Rain (COS 30), 1960 - Rain sprayed with dry pigment on paper on cardboard.
12. Wind Paris-Nice (COS 10), 1960 - Dry pigment in synthetic resin on paper.
13. Wind of Voyage, Pink Cosmogony with Traces of Wind, Untitled (COS 25), C. 1961 - Dry pigment in synthetic resin on paper on fabric.
14. Ho Ho (RE 34), 1960 - Dry pigment in synthetic resin on sponge, stone and cardboard.